Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fall Break: 4 Things I'm Looking Forward To

Photo: hercampus.com
Fall break is just around the corner -- or actually, just down the street. It's short, and I'll miss just two days of classes, but it's just enough to give me some breathing time.

Which is exactly what I'm looking forward to...but not exactly what I have planned. I can't wait to:

  • Read. I've been close to the end of a book I started at the end of the summer since...the end of the summer. As much as I enjoy reading the books for my classes, I'm looking forward to reading something I don't have to annotate.
  • Write. I manage to get my blogs in during the semester, but even that's a challenge some weeks. I'm so close to the final edits on my novel, and this short break should be just long enough to help me clear that hurdle.
  • Class planning. Yeah, I know that sounds weird, but planning without deadlines is a whole different experience, especially when the planning revolves around a book I enjoy reading (see bullet #1 above). 
  • Organizing. When things get busy, sometimes the only thing I do that pertains to organizing is write about it. I have a few small projects in mind that promise to yield big payoffs in clutter busting and availability of seasonally appropriate clothing and footwear.
I could go on...but I'm trying not to make my list longer than my break -- something that doesn't come easily to me. I see open spaces and they seem so boundless that my lists end up that way, too. So, I'm stopping at four, and if new opportunities arise, perhaps I'll include them as well.

After all, isn't that what breaks are for?

No comments:

Post a Comment