Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Feature: Dreamers and Detail Dischargers

Photo: jppi via Morguefile
I woke up this morning drowning in details. This blog, which usually gets done on Thursday evenings, if not before, was nonexistent, and unlikely to get written before the class I had to teach. Then there were all the little details to take care of before class and the outstanding details of life in general.

It was enough to make me hit the snooze button. Several times.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me before, but it finally hit me this morning. I know what this blanket of overwhelmed-ness that's been hovering all week is constructed of.

Details.

I am not a detail person. I'm a dreamer who loves the idea stage, the planning, the big picture. Details make my stomach clench and my pulse race. They make me want to crawl back under the covers, or stop the world and take a nap.

And today, they made me want to find a link to share: one about global people and detail-oriented people. And chances are good that on Monday, I'll want to talk about this some more.

I'm just a little unclear on the details right now, so I think I'll take a nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment