Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday Feature: Summer Homework

The only drawback to listening to NPR on short commutes is that I hear great stuff, then I can't find it again. Sometimes, I jot myself a note when I arrive at my destination; other times, I think I remember enough to access the information later, but sadly, I'm wrong.

I heard one of those shows a few weeks ago. A college admissions counselor at a high school was talking about the importance of summer vacation for high school students -- sleeping in, chilling out, taking time to recharge.

Now that's my kind of summer vacation.

So, when I read about a similar summer homework assignment from an Italian teacher -- this time, in The Huffington Post, I cut and pasted the link immediately. Fool me once and all.

And tomorrow, I'm putting an NPR notebook in my car.

Happy 4th of July!

Photo: Sgarton via Morguefile

No comments:

Post a Comment