This morning, I got to talk to a class full of undergrads. Not terribly unusual, as I do this two mornings (and three afternoons) each week. But today, I got to appear not as Professor Hess, but as Lisa Lawmaster Hess, author.
- The opportunity to write uninterrupted for long periods of time is rare. Seize it whenever it arises.
- Alternatively, it is possible to write in tiny snippets of time if necessary. Use those too.
- Life is a balancing act. If you want something, you have to go after it, and it’s your job to figure out how to make it all work.
- A writing career requires a mix of practicality and unadulterated daydreaming. Be practical if you must, but always keep the dream in sight.
- If you pay it forward as a member of the writing community, you will never be sorry.
What a great way to spend a morning! Now it's time to sip a Starbucks and morph back into Professor Hess...just in time to teach a general psychology class.