Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Freebie: What I'm Reading in Ten Minutes or Less

apple.com
I'm trying something new with my Friday Freebie this week. One of the things I like about Twitter is running across posts and news articles that I might not otherwise find, and so I've been toying with ways to share them. Since I don't have an author interview to feature this week, I'm sharing a post from an author whose work I've found edifying.

I'm not sure how I first came across Michael Hyatt's blog, but I read it pretty voraciously when I was studying up on platform-building, and when his book came out, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Though I don't read his blog as often as I once did, I find that his posts still resonate for me me.

This particular post ("3 Reasons to Keep Your Laptop Closed this Weekend") was especially relevant for me this week after I spent a day at play, visiting places that had been significant to me years ago and continue to hold a special place in my heart. And while I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my laptop shut all weekend, I'm sure that after reading Michael's blog, I'll hear his advice in the back of my mind whenever I open it up.

Enjoy your weekend! And if you successfully stepped away from your computer all weekend long (or even for a portion of it), tell me about it in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment