Wednesday, December 4, 2013

As the end of my first semester of teaching at the college level runs head-on into both Christmas preparation and book launch preparations, I'm finding it hard to get to this blog I've worked so hard to maintain. Sitting here this morning, trying to come up with a topic for this post (teaching? Christmas? book launch? the clutter that results when they collide?), I did what I usually do -- I procrastinated by going onto Facebook.

But today, what greeted me was inspiration. A little boy who lives in my town, and who goes to  school in a neighboring district was featured on the Today show. And since his actions speak for themselves and offer a bit of optimism on a gray December day, I decided to share the video here.

Cop out? Maybe a little. But after seeing this video, I can't imagine writing anything here today that's more powerful than the simple action begun by this little boy. And I can't think of anything that's more in keeping with the spirit of this season than kindness.







No comments:

Post a Comment