Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I've never understood the Blackberry. An electronic tether? Really? Those teeny, tiny buttons? How could they possibly be useful?

And then I got an iPad.

True, the buttons are bigger, and so is the device. But the possibility of eliminating little scraps of paper in favor of centralized electronic notes all in one place... It's absolutely tantalizing.

So far, I have behaved myself - no expensive apps. The app I like best is a simple to - do list that allows me to write myself notes at home or school so I remember to do something at one place when I am at the other. I've only had my new toy for about a week, though, so I don't delude myself that I won't be tempted by flashier, more expensive apps.

And now I get it. The Blackberry. The iPhone. The whole electronic tether thing.

The trick, I think, is to remember who is tethered to whom. Or what. And why.

No comments:

Post a Comment