Saturday, January 29, 2011

I decided to break the rules about blogs and predictability, and try something completely different. Several of my colleagues do " I Am" poems with their students, so I decided to try my hand at one.

I am a woman of many words.
I am song and dance, but not basketball or hiking.
I am lazy, inspired; tired, energized - unpredictable.
I am a creature of habit.

I am mother, wife, daughter, sister - Jackie of all trades.
I am reader, writer, teacher, singer, creative by fits and starts.
I am smiling, praying, aching, nudging, taking it all in, and then spitting some back out.

I am who I seem, what you see is what you get.
I am late night re-runs, a romantic comedy, the loyal best friend.
I am tears behind smiles, a magnolia of steel, high maintenance but unaware.

I know what I want, I know who I am.
I am sure of right and wrong.

I am open arms and encompassing hugs.
I am a pinprick of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment