Sunday, May 10, 2009

Same Name, New Location!

Happy Mother's Day! It's absolutely gorgeous here today, with weather that reminds me of the Memorial Day weekend three years ago when I sat on the porch swing at my sister- and brother-in-law's house and wrote my first blog. After nearly three years at my old (online) location, I've decided to try out a new location here at Blogger.

I've been struggling to keep up with my blog, and so my new location seemed a good place to try out my new approach ~ shorter entries. Those of you who know me and have followed my blogs and my life are probably laughing uproariously, since I can't order dinner at Wendy's in less than a paragraph of text, but I am going to give it my best shot.

Last weekend marked a year that I met my agent, Diana Flegal and lots of other great folks (hi Mary, Suellen, Jan and Loree!) at the Susquehanna Valley Writers Conference in Lewisburg, and appropriately enough, I joined The Susquehanna Writers blog pretty close to that anniversary date. If you haven't been there yet, check it out at http://thesusquehannawriters.blogspot.com/ to get news and info from lots of other Central PA writers, including info on book releases. And, if you live in Central PA and haven't checked out the Susquehanna Valley Writers Conference in Lewisburg, mark your calendars for the first weekend in October. As a Bucknell grad, I can vouch for the fact that Lewisburg is especially beautiful in the fall.

In keeping with my shorter posts mantra, I'm signing off!!

Lisa Lawmaster Hess is the author of Acting Assertively and Diverse Divorce. Her articles appear frequently in Central Penn Parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment