Monday, May 18, 2009

14 days left and I'm making progress on my writing if not my desk at work. My critique group meets this Wednesday, and that gave me the nudge I needed to move forward on my inspirational novel and submit a chapter to my instructor at the Long Ridge Writers Group.

Today at school, one of my colleagues shared with me his desire to write children's books. He had that gleam in his eye, and I firmly believe that anyone with that gleam should be taken by the hand and pointed in the right direction, especially if he already has ideas (and he does). As a teacher, he already has a strong foundation for his own writing, built from a love of children's literature, and voracious reading of the market he wants to enter. I can't wait to show him the door...tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment