Tuesday, August 27, 2024

School!


 The word of the day is actually the word of the week as we begin a fall semester amid heat advisories, something that is not news in Central PA. I've met with all my students -- two sections of freshmen and a cool combination of upperclassmen (and women) with a variety of majors in my child development class.

Last week, the word of the week was COVID as I struggled to balance class prep with getting well and, alas, ignored this blog. This week is much better, but I'm getting in line for that next booster as soon as I can because losing a week (or more) to tiredness, stuffiness, and coughing is not something I wish to do again any time soon.

Getting sick right before school started did very little to amp up my enthusiasm over saying goodbye to summer vacation. But yesterday and today, meeting my students in person and beginning the business of teaching, learning, and conversation provided just the boost I needed.

And so, here we go. Year 39 as an educator. Who'da thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment