Friday, April 12, 2024

Style Friday: What's in Your Closet?


  It all started with Kate Spade, as it so often does for me. I splurged on a really pretty book that I savored and, from then on, I found myself drawn to more of the same, launching my current reading obsession: pretty, perusable books.

I jokingly told my daughter that I'm reading the equivalent of adult picture books: books about style and fashion and home decorating. 

And I'm loving them. 

One of my current reads is Classic Style by Kate Shelter. It's making me think about what my classics are, and I thought it might be fun to focus on them here. Today's focus?

Fashion.

I always tried to vary my wardrobe and avoid repeating outfits -- at least within a short span of time. Lately, though, I've begun to worry less about variety across the board, and think more about building on basics. Maybe it's because my wardrobe consists largely of black, white, brights, and prints. 

Here are a few of my wardrobe "classics" -- the ones that will remain in my closet, no matter the current trend.

  • black pants and black leggings
  • unstructured cardigans
  • soft blazers that bring a pop of color (new to the mix) 
  • baggy sweatshirts imprinted with the names of colleges and things that reflect my interests (e.g. my "Friends" sweatshirt that's older than my daughter and my "Luke's Diner" sweatshirt, an homage to Gilmore Girls)
  • flats, particularly those that bring a pop of color to an outfit - they'd all be Rothy's if my budget allowed for it
  • hoop earrings.
How about you? What are your classics?

No comments:

Post a Comment