Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Revisiting


 In early January, I met my goal of finishing the first draft of my latest novel. Now, having integrated the feedback I received from my critique group, I'm ready for the next step.

Revising.

Revising and I have a rocky history. Just ask Kelsey, the protagonist in another novel that's been gathering dust for years. 

I learned from Kelsey, though, as well as from the rejections I received for a recent non-fiction project. I've set up a routine and goals that take those lessons into account, and I'm optimistic that I've created a process I can stick to as I "revisit" this novel.

Today, I followed my process and worked through the first two chapters. It was relatively painless, leaving me excited to keep going.

Two chapters down, 34+ to go. 

Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment