Friday, January 7, 2022

Friday Feature: Being the Hope

I try to avoid politics/politicians in my Friday Features, but I was pulled in by the headline on this Vox interview with Maryland representative Jamie Raskin. Politics aside, I'm always impressed by Representative Raskin when I see him on television. He comes across as calm, thoughtful, and well-reasoned, even in circumstances where those things are a challenge.

Yes this interview is in part a book plug, but it's more about the people (most notably his late son) than the politics. I like the stories he tells, especially his statement to his children: "When everything looks hopeless, you're the hope."

Not a bad message for a new year kicked off by yet another COVID variant. Wishing you a hopeful new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment