Thursday, August 5, 2021

A Day-Old Baker's Dozen of Things I Like About Summer

 

boredteachers.com


This is my story -- the story of summer -- and I'm sticking to it! 

I knew yesterday was a blog day but, for some reason, I thought it was Thursday, and I don't post here on Thursdays.

Unless I neglect to post on Wednesday.

By the time I realized my mistake, it was too late to come up with a post that was anything but nonsensical.

So, here I am today (aware that it's Thursday), sharing 12 more things I like about summer, besides being able to be blissfully unaware of what day it is.




12. No papers to grade (after summer session is over)

11. Being able to legitimately ignore my work email (some of it, anyway)

10. Sleeping in (not a morning person)

9. Starting my days out slowly (tiptoeing into them, if possible)

8. Spending mornings on the patio (a reasonable facsimile of the screened-in patio at the beach)

7. Listening to the bells (from a local church whose carillon plays hymns at noon) 

6. My birthday (even when I don't like the number, like this year)

5. Netflix and HBO binges (yes, that means you Hacks and Mare of Easttown)

4. Calendars with empty pages to fill (which is why I don't know what day it is!)

3. Trips to the beach (though fall is nice too)

2. Time to read for fun (actually finishing books!)

1. Planning new things (relaxation leads to creativity and time with people I love)

No complaints. None at all :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment