Monday, May 10, 2021

Spring Plans

tookapic via Pixabay


Today was National Clean Up Your Room Day and, I've gotta tell you, that's at the top of my list.

As soon as I get all of the end-of-semester loose ends tied up. Sigh.

As the world begins to open up again, so, too, does my enthusiasm for house projects, both routine and long-neglected. We've been making lists and appointments, setting plans ranging from new lighting to new rooms. I'm excited and I'm determined to break our usual pattern, which is to seek information, discuss it endlessly and then never act on it. 

In our defense, we sometimes don't act on things for good reasons. We've changed our minds. It costs much more than we expected. Other things take priority.

But sometimes, we just don't follow through. This time will be different -- well, as long as we don't change our minds (already did that on one project), discover it's too expensive (fingers crossed) or have something else jump ahead on the list (only in case of an emergency). 

How do I know it will be different? Well, I don't really, but there are two factors in my favor: the aforementioned determination and a year-and-a-half at home, which has given me plenty of time to make lists of things I want to change. 

So, you see, cleaning up my room is only the first step. As for the rest of the steps, we'll see how far the budget takes us but I've made my list, set priorities and set appointments.

It's go time.

No comments:

Post a Comment