Wednesday, April 8, 2020

What's on my Characters' Desks?


Last week, I chose 6 things on my desk and considered how they'd earned the space they were taking up -- and what they said about me.

But those were just the six items that made the cut. They aren't the only things on my desk (surprise, surprise!)

So, this week, I thought I'd take a look at a few things that are on my desk that might also be on my characters' desks.





My high heel tape dispenser would definitely make the cut for Bets's desk, although she'd likely go for the red sequined one.

My Echo Dot might grace Marita's kitchen counter so she can listen to music and check the weather as she races to get ready in the morning or makes dinner in the evening.

The file bin that corrals my miscellaneous files would be a great fit for the built-in desk in Angel's kitchen but she'd probably choose something floral, like the Bold Bloom version on top of my bookcase. Unless, of course, she tucked her files into a drawer instead.

And Charli? I think the photo holder on the corner of my desk might just find a spot on hers. The spiral clip at the top makes it easy to switch out one photo for another -- Anna today, Todd tomorrow, then back to Anna....

Mine says "Reach for the stars."

The things we keep close are a reflection of who we are and where we are in our journey. Bets' sparkle, Marita's multitasking, Angel's desire to make things pretty and Charli's evolving emotions all contribute to the lives they lead (even if they are on the pages of a book) and the decisions they make.

And if you want to know who the front runner for that photo clip is, don't worry. You'll find out.

Sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment