Monday, February 17, 2020

Monday Music Musings

rah via Pixabay
This morning, I somehow managed to leave for work a little earlier than usual, and it made a real difference in the musical selections available to me. My car, which I love, is too old for Sirius, so I end up hoping that my drive coincides with music instead of commercials and, this morning, it did.

I had a great soundtrack for my drive, and I really didn't want to get out of the car when I got to work but, duty calls.

My sister and I harbor the belief that you're not old as long as you still drive around the block to hear the rest of your favorite song on the radio. This morning's soundtrack made me think about songs that still make me do that so here, in no particular order, are a dozen or so songs likely to keep me driving. Some brand me as ancient, but that's okay.

Take a listen if you'd like and then, add a few of your favorites in the comments.

"If" by Bread

"Colour My World" by Chicago

"Without You" by Harry Nilsson

"I Will" by the Beatles

"Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen. Or, even better, "Jungleland."

"(Don't You) Forget About Me" by Simple Minds

"Try" by Colbie Caillat

"Only Wanna Be with You" by Hootie and the Blowfish

"Boys of Summer" Don Henley

"American Pie" Don McClean

Almost anything by Billy Joel, but especially "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" and "We Didn't Start the Fire" Or, "Summer, Highland Falls," or "You're My Home" (or this cut of "You're My Home")


No comments:

Post a Comment