Friday, November 1, 2019

Friday Feature: Seasons

On Monday, I wrote about fall (my favorite season) and today, because November is National Gratitude Month, I went in search of an article on gratitude.

And found one on fall.

I considered "throwing it back" since it was less about gratitude and more about attitude, but it was so beautifully and thoughtfully written, I just couldn't do it.

The author, Adam McHugh, explores fall itself and seasons in general from the perspective of a Californian. Why does this matter? Because when it comes to "fall," Californians and Pennsylvanians (not to mention transplanted Jersey girls) have a very different view outside their windows. This leaves McHugh to examine seasons from a perspective that differs from mine, as well as in a larger sense of the word.

I can connect with McHugh's longing for crisp, fall leaves and temperatures and everything they bring with them, but I especially enjoyed his take on internal seasons. So much so that I expect I'll read the essay again.

What is your favorite season? What role does actual climate play in the choice you've made?

No comments:

Post a Comment