Monday, June 24, 2019

24 Things

qimono via Pixabay
Today is one of those days I'm struggling to come up with a topic for this blog. While choosing a topic is often the hardest part of writing a blog post, I very rarely come up completely empty. Today, however....

Crickets.

So, I've decided to come up with a list of 24 random good things in my life. Why 24?

Because today is June 24.

So, here goes -- in no particular order -- with apologies to everyone/everything that occurs to me after  I post this.

  1. My daughter is home for the entire summer.
  2. I have pretty great group of students in my summer class.
  3. My husband rode along with me to run errands the other day so he could put gas in my car (so I didn't have to).
  4. My dad lives close by and we get to see him weekly, at least.
  5. I got/get to work with a pretty awesome team of people at Our Sunday Visitor Books.
  6. I have had five books published with four different publishers (2 with MarCo, 1 with Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas, one self-published, one with OSV).
  7. Our house has central air conditioning. 
  8. I got to take a nap today.
  9. I am very, very close to finishing the third Marita, Angel, Charli book.
  10. I retired from one career I loved and ended up in another I love just as much and... 
  11. I actually get paid to write.
  12. I got to spend five days with my family in Ireland last spring and...
  13. I didn't need to medicate myself to get on the plane.
  14. I get to play cards once a month with a great group of former colleagues I still count as friends.
  15. Audible. Because I have a hard time making time to read, but I still have to drive places.
  16. I have friends I can count on.
  17. I have friends who are writers, at least one of whom is related to me.
  18. I have friends who make me laugh.
  19. 14, 16, 17 & 18 overlap :-)
  20. I have a young adult daughter I'd like hanging out with even if she weren't my kid.
  21. Although I'm an organizational work-in-progress, there are rooms in my house that no longer are.
  22. My husband isn't a picky eater, so it doesn't matter that I'm not the world's best (or most interested) cook.
  23. I've been married once, and for more than a quarter of a century...
  24. ...to a man who cleans.


TanteTati via Pixabay

Random? Kinda. But it's good to take time every once in a while to step back and think about what's right in a world that can seem...not right.

Even if it doesn't make the most cohesive blog post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment