Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday Feature: What the Beach Does to Your Brain

Happy Friday from the beach! My husband is in his happy place (on the sand by the ocean -- that's part 2 of my day) and I'm in mine, on the screened-in porch at the condo. We're staying in a different area of the complex from our usual spot, and I'm thrilled to report that the porch gets morning shade, making it cooler and more conducive to writing. I love coming here; few other places give me the same sense of serenity.

Are there really health benefits to coming to the beach, or is it all in our heads? As it turns out, it is more than a placebo effect and there are are definite benefits to being here. Read on to find out what the beach does to your brain.

As for me, I'm taking advantage of the creativity boost that comes from being right here, in this spot, before I hit the beach.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment