Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday Feature: There's More Than One Way to Read a Book

Every year for Lent, I try to not only give something up, but also to use Lent as a motivation to create new habits or strengthen the ones that are foundering. Sometimes, the habits I'm trying to build are fun ones that I just don't make enough time for.

Like reading.

I definitely read a lot, but I don't seem to manage to get through books. I read articles, chapters, papers, exams...and while a lot of it is interesting, I tend to read a bunch of things at once...

...and never finish anything.

So, for Lent, I set a goal to read. I made it a small goal so my chances of success were high.

So far, so good.

Then earlier this week, Debbie Ridpath Ohi, whose books and artwork I greatly admire, shared a blog post about finding time to read. It was great information but, even better, I was delighted to know I'm not alone.

Can you identify? If so, you should definitely check out Debbie's post and, while you're there, take a look at her illustrations and books as well.

Then, go read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment