Monday, February 12, 2018

10 Things You Probably Already Know About Me


Rafixx via Pixabay
Today is one of those Mondays. It started with rain, but morphed to sunshine. My overbooked schedule righted itself in a win-win fashion. The guest speaker in my class this morning left me feeling upbeat about myself, my students and the work I do, leading me to bounce off campus, delighted with the life I have. 

Yeah, I know. I'm nauseating -- or fun to be around, depending on your perspective. And, while I've tossed a few blog post ideas around this morning, no one topic stuck, so today, I'm going with a list post that reflects where I am on this now-sunny Monday. If you're a long-time reader, few of these will come as a surprise -- and you might even have a few observations of your own to add in the comments (please do). 

So, here's me. 
  1. I love my job. Sure, I complain sometimes about the details but, big picture, I love working with young adults and daily, I meet young people who shatter the notion of a lazy, entitled younger generation.
  2. I am an optimist. Most days, #1 fuels this.
  3. I appreciate excellence and have little patience for people who don't do the work.
  4. I love creating characters, whether for the stage or the page.
  5. I live for a flexible work schedule. I've done the traditional work day, and this is much, much better, but I also work more hours now than when I did the typical work week.
  6. Becoming a mom is the best thing that ever happened to me.
  7. I have a love-hate relationship with technology. When it works, it's a fabulous tool, but I'm always not-so-secretly afraid something will go wrong and I will look foolish. (It's happened).
  8. I love to learn new things. These days, you're more likely to find me reading (and writing) non-fiction than novels.
  9.  I am grateful beyond words for the life I have. Yes, bad things have happened and no, I haven't simply ignored them. But, I know that neither good nor bad will feel that way every moment of every day. I know what I'm good at and I'm willing to work hard. And, I have a husband whose job provides health insurance.
  10. No matter where I am or where I live, I will always, always be a Jersey girl.

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on 1, 3, 5 through 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7 surprises me (about you), Barb! I always think of you as emerging triumphant over technology! #10 I knew, of course....:-)

    ReplyDelete