Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday Feature: Just Ten Minutes

Anyone who knows me knows I'm in the midst of a love affair with positive psychology. I'm an optimist by nature, at least most of the time, so discovering that things like optimism and gratitude can actually be good for us was just icing on the cake.

One of the down sides to optimism, however, is the tendency to take on more than I actually have time for. I just can't help myself; I possess a sort of magical thinking that leads me to believe that if I want to do something, I will somehow carve out time to make it happen. This makes me the perfect candidate for articles that promise that just a few minutes a day will get me where I'm going.

So, you can imagine how taken I was by this article from Live Happy called -- you guessed it -- "Just Ten Minutes a Day." It helps that the author's list of desirable activities looks a lot like my list of things I wish I had more time for but, who knows? Maybe ten minutes a day is as good a start as any for whatever it is we want to do.

How about you? What new (or old) road could "just ten minutes" lead you down?

No comments:

Post a Comment