Friday, April 21, 2017

Friday Feature: Working Longer & Loving It

Five years ago, I took an early retirement.

It didn't stick.

The first year looked a lot like retirement, with a few community ed classes (as an instructor) and some writing thrown in. But before the academic year ended, I got another teaching offer, one that turned into a second career.

I don't really mind. In fact, I'm thrilled. I never expected to be retired in the traditional sense at 51, and finding a second career I loved as much as the one I'd left was a wonderful surprise.

Whether for financial reasons, or just to keep things interesting, many of us work in retirement, sometimes even establishing a second career.

Wondering if it's time for a change? In her article "How to Keep Working into Your Sixties and Beyond," Kerry Hannon shares 5 rules to keep working and to switch careers.

Because sometimes, change is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment