Monday, February 20, 2017

Comfy Clothes

Photo: Kruscha via Pixabay
Some days, a girl just needs her comfy clothes. And today is one of those days.

Over the weekend, I contracted the respiratory crud that's making the rounds. It started with a tickle, and, within two days, I had a raspy voice, sore throat and no energy.

Thank goodness for comfy clothes.

Come to think of it, it's rare that I'm not wearing comfy clothes. Maybe it has to do with being retired, even if in name only, but, over time, even my work clothes have morphed into the comfy range. Soft sweaters and flowing jackets have replaced more formal attire and the resurgence of leggings has made an impact on my wardrobe as well.

But today, the comfy clothes weren't merely a convenience. They were a necessity.

When you feel crummy, comfy clothes are one of the few things you can do for yourself that make things just a little bit better. Like soup and ice cream, they soothe and, well, comfort.

So, if you'll excuse me, I'll be getting back to my M*A*S*H marathon because nothing goes with comfy clothes like a favorite television show.

No comments:

Post a Comment