Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Feature: Drink Your Milk!

I'm a Starbucks regular. Some might call me an addict. My drink of choice is an iced chai tea latte, and, with few exceptions, I get it every time I go to a Starbucks, varying only the size of the drink and, occasionally, the milk I choose. Knowing that the drink is high in sugar, I tend to order it with nonfat milk in some sort of treat karma balancing act, but articles like this one from Next Avenue are making me rethink my choice.

I first switched to nonfat milk in my twenties, and so I feel positively decadent ordering my drink with its default 2% milk. I even trip over the order (I can order it with nonfat milk in one long, Starbucks-savvy, string of attributes) and, when I order it with 2%, I stun the baristas who know my drink order by heart. And ordering it with whole milk? Unthinkable.

But, as it turns out, I might be doing myself a disservice. The difference in sugar is negligible from one kind to another, and, since the milk is probably the only thing in the drink that's good for me, splurging on 2% might not be such a big splurge after all.

Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment