Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Freebie: Steve Jobs

amazon.com
I bought the daunting (in size) biography of Steve Jobs when it first came out, and started reading it immediately. Then, life intervened and I set it aside, only to pick it up again after making my 2016 New Year's resolution to read more. I'm enjoying it, and especially enjoying "getting to know" the face behind Apple.

So far, only a handful of those I've read about in the book would describe Jobs as "beloved" or even "lovable," when it came to his managerial style, which was more dictatorship than democracy. But even those who disliked him couldn't deny his magnetism, intelligence or creativity, all of which contributed to his knack for coming up with great products.

Carmine Gallo's piece in Forbes summarizes a lot of what made Jobs -- and by extension, Apple -- a force to be reckoned with. Though I'm not sure the "aspiring leaders" Gallo mentions in his title want to copy the whole thing, taking a few pages out of Jobs' book of leadership might not be such a bad idea.

Happy weekend. I hope you get a chance to read in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment