Monday, March 14, 2016

What Day is It?

mycutegraphics.com
Whether I'm writing a blog or writing a book, some days the hardest part is figuring out what to write. It's gray and rainy today, and despite a decent night's sleep, I feel a little hungover from the hour stolen from me by daylight savings time...but you don't want to read a post where I gripe about that.

So I went in search of inspiration, and in less than ten minutes on Twitter, I found some. Though my woozy brain had not yet made the connection, today is National Pi Day. In related news, it's also Scientists Day (Albert Einstein's birthday -- how convenient of him to have been born on Pi Day). That may also explain why today is Genius Day and International Ask a Question Day.

But, as I am not a mathematician (ha!), a scientist or a genius, I opted to ask my search engine a question. I typed in today's date and according to Checkiday.com (and its links), today is:

mycutegraphics.com
  • the birthday of the baseball cap
  • Fill Our Staplers Day
  • Learn About Butterflies Day (and Moth-er Day)
  • National Save a Spider Day
  • National Children's Craft Day
  • National Potato Chip Day (with apologies to all of you who gave them up for Lent)
Since it's also National Workplace Napping Day, I immediately celebrated by going back to bed. 

What will you celebrate today?

No comments:

Post a Comment