Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Feature: 7 Ways to Become Influential

publicdomainpictures.net
It's rare that I don't enjoy a piece by Peter Economy, and this week's Friday Feature is no exception. Having spent the last week teaching Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People to a group of freshmen, I was drawn in by the title, and anxious to make a comparison. As it turns out, the "7 Highly Effective Habits to Become the Most Influential Person in the Room" dovetail quite nicely with their Covey cousins. A mix of common sense and common courtesy, they're a lot less complicated, too. 

Chances are, if you were raised with a mix of common sense and common courtesy, you're already more than halfway there. I'm happy to report that this is the case for my own child, and most of my freshmen as well. 

At least when I'm watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment