Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Freebie: Why Shut Up and Dance?

Photo: Henriq Bastos via Morguefile
I've freely admitted on several occasions that this catchy little tune (which also reminds me of Dancing With the Stars, which is, sadly on hiatus at the moment) is my favorite summer song.

My daughter, whose musical tastes represent a wide variety of musical eras, but who still thinks a song is old if it was popular two years ago, is quick to inform me that it's been around longer than I think it has.

The song? Walk the Moon's "Shut Up and Dance."

Yes, I love that song.

So, I was intrigued when I found this article on why this song is so ubiquitous. Not only does it combine two of my favorite things (music and social science), but it also had me humming along.

Which brings me to my final point. I'm not responsible for any ear worms incurred due to the reading of this blog.

Have an upbeat music kind of weekend.

Photo: Dodgerton Skillhause via Morguefile

No comments:

Post a Comment