Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Feature: The Wonder of Librarians

Haddonfield Public Library
When I was in eighth grade, I embarked upon my first job/volunteer position, one befitting the book lover I was, and still am. I became a "page" in the children's room of the Haddonfield Public Library. I thought I was pretty cool, shelving and checking out books, and although the pay was nonexistent, the benefits were wonderful -- all the books I could check out and carry home.

In high school, I discovered how wonderful reference librarians were; what they didn't know themselves, they knew how to find. I can only imagine how many research paper-writers they saved over the years.

Did you ever wonder what kind of questions people ask reference librarians? For a sampling of some of the less traditional ones, take a peek at "Dear Librarian: New York Public Library's Quirkiest Inquiries." 

In a world full of questions, thank goodness someone has some answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment