Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday Freebie: What I'm Reading in Ten Minutes or Less: Why Creative People Shouldn't Work 9 to 5

cohdra via morguefile.com
I love it when a Friday Freebie falls into my lap.

Yesterday, my writer friend Cerella Sechrist posted this article on her Facebook page -- and on a day when I was feeling very much as though normal business hours were overrated.

One of the best things about being retired from full-time work and pursuing part-time work with a huge creative element is having a (somewhat) flexible schedule. If I start out slowly, I'm not late for anything. If I want to take a break at 1 PM and relocated to Starbucks, I can. If I need a nap in the afternoon to make up for the fact that I'm not an early-to-bed-early-to-rise kinda girl, I can take one. And sometimes it's nice to know I have company.

Thanks, Cerella.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found this article as interesting as I did! It's one of the best (and maybe worst?) things about being creative - those odd hours. I also feel validated that I'm most inspired in the late hours of the evening. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting it! it pretty much validates my life :-)

    ReplyDelete