Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday Special -- Celebrations: You've Got to Have Friends, Part 2


When you live in Pennsylvania, launching a book at the end of January is a very "iffy" proposition. Sure, there's always a chance the weather will hold and your launch party won't get snowed out…but if the winter is anything like last winter, the chances of that happening are very, very slim.

I did, indeed, plan a launch party in the middle of February before being scared away from that idea by more snow than we've seen in our area in a long time. In the end, I celebrated with an online book launch party, so it didn't matter if the weather outside was frightful or delightful. I followed that up with a book signing at my favorite local Starbucks…and it snowed. Fortunately, that didn't keep people away.

Then in June, five months after the official launch of my book, I had a Bookiversary Party. Since a picture paints a thousand words, I'm going to stop here and let the photos tell the rest of the story.



Thanks to everyone who attended anything. As I plan more events, I hope you'll keep stopping by, just to say hi, when I'm in your area because no matter where the event is, fun and friends are necessary ingredients.


"Cake" and decadent cupcakes were created by Rise,
a barista at the Randolph Park Starbucks in York.
I'm not the only writer at my local Starbucks.
Rosey, one of the baristas, has a degree
in creative writing, and I got to read a sample
of her novel last summer….
…and Cerella is a Harlequin
Heartwarming author. Her
latest title is The Paris Connection.




I was excited to celebrate with members of my
critique group who knew my story when….
Maggie (left), Judy….
…and Anne.


My sister (and fellow writer), Lori
and brother-in-law, Paul made sure
my family was represented….
Though I've retired from public education, I'm blessed to still
count former colleagues among my friends.
Wendy and Missy were not only among the
first to arrive, but they "tested" my book
club questions (and the edible stones around
the bottom of the cake) as well….


...along with my
sister-in-law, Sue.


…and Dorene & Rick even offered their house
as a location for the party.


Okay, I really thought I was going to get them all in today….but I think maybe I need one more post to get all the pictures in.  Stop back next weekend for the final installment of my party series!

2 comments:

  1. Loved getting to re-live the book launch through this post, Lisa! It was a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cerella, I'm so sorry I missed this comment! Next on my list is getting copies of photos to people…I'm so bad when it comes to that!

    I'm really glad you could come and I look forward to our next writer chat!

    ReplyDelete