Monday, February 17, 2014

Don't Mess With Monday

www.standupexecutive.com
There's something about Monday that's no-nonsense. Over the weekend, despite good intentions, I succumbed to snow, sloth and illness, and as a result, I attacked my to-do list only haphazardly and sporadically.

But I woke up this morning determined to do better. To check things off my list, and tackle things more methodically. To be productive -- something that has eluded me over the course of a week filled with snow delays and cancellations.

Since today is not only a Monday, but also a vacation day for my (teenage) daughter, productivity wasn't going to be enough. I had to be productive and achieve some sort of balance. Otherwise, at the end of the day, a to-do list replete with check-marks would feel empty and pointless. Where, after all, is the sense in putting tasks before people?

As I type this (late -- I blame balance), I've managed to check a few things off my list, and spend time doing both necessary things and fun things with my daughter. One large task looms, and a glance at the weather forecast makes it tempting to procrastinate just a bit longer.

Alas, procrastination does not make the list for Productivity Monday. So, I'm going to check this blog off my list and move on to that last, looming item so that I can end my day having triumphed over snow, sloth and illness -- much easier to do when it's not snowing, I'm determined to move forward and I'm not feeling under the weather.

And speaking of the weather, tomorrow may bring more excuses for procrastination and general non-productivity. But what can you expect from a Tuesday, anyway?
www.desiglitters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment