Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Freebie

Earlier this week, I signed a contract with Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas for the publication of my first novel, Casting the First Stone, due out next year. I'm excited to be joining authors including Linda Rondeau (who was featured here a few weeks ago), Jason Brannon, Christy Barritt and Aaron D. Gansky (among others), and equally excited to include you in this brand new journey.

As a first-time novelist, I don't know what to expect, but I knew I'd found the right home not just for my book, but also for my characters when I read this on the Lighthouse site:
Our characters dance, go to the bathroom, drink, celebrate at parties, and live an abundant life, just like the characters in Scripture. When our books project an agenda (and all stories have an agenda), they point to the goodness of God and his unfailing love, a love that is expressed most often through the lives of others. We believe there is a large market for these types of stories.
So, while you won't be reading about my characters' bathroom habits here or anywhere else, you can look forward to a real book (okay, perhaps I'm looking forward to that even more than you are!) populated with real people. From time to time on Fridays, you'll also be able to find information on other books that fit that description right here as I continue to sample books that inspire me and share some that I hope will inspire you as well.

TGIF! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! And looks like you found the perfect home! I can't wait to follow this new part of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heidi! It was surreal at first, then I moved into doing my happy dance...and now I'm waiting to see what happens next!!

    ReplyDelete