Monday, December 17, 2012

Giving Gifts

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling the Christmas time crunch. I thought I'd have so much time to get things done this year, and while I'm still in pretty good shape for the holidays, the list is longer than I would like it to be.

Last year, around this time, I found a little red note on the desk in the office I shared with a colleague at Yorkshire Elementary School. I wish I knew its source, because I'd like to give credit where credit is due for such a lovely seasonal reminder. And, at the risk of making your list any longer, I'm sharing a few more Christmas to-dos to keep in mind. (If someone reading this knows the source, please comment and share it!)

Wonderful Gifts to Give This Holiday Season:
Mend a quarrel.
Give a soft answer.
Encourage youth.
Keep a promise.
Be gentle.
Apologize if you're wrong.
Express your gratitude.
Welcome a stranger.
Gladden the heart of a child.
Speak your love.
Speak it again.
 
'Tis the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment