It's a Monday morning, and all too easy to just groan and hit the snooze button. But today is my daughter's birthday, and a celebration of one of the things in my life that I am most grateful for.
So, in the spirit of that celebration, I am going to post # things to be grateful for this Monday morning. Health, family and friendsmtop the list, but that's too easy, and not much of a blog. So, here are my specific things to rejoice and be glad in today, in no particular order.
1. My daughter is a teenager, and will still be seen in public with me. Most of the time.
2. I am less dizzy today than I was a week ago.
3. Despite dizziness and a full-time job, I have written something nearly every day this month.
4. I have a supportive family that makes that writing - and so much more - possible.
5. I have the honor and pleasure of helping to nurture a group of extremely talented fifth grade writers.
6. My parents are still a part of my life, and, as always, just a phone call away.
7. I have a job. With health insurance.
8. I have gadgets that make it possible not only to play Words With Friends, but to write and post a blog before heading to work.
9. I have friends to play Words With Friends with.
10. There's a venti iced chai sitting in the cup holder with my name on it.
That was easy. What are you rejoicing in and being glad for today?