Thursday, June 30, 2011

One is Not the Loneliest Number

I went to a private screening of Something Borrowed last night. It was my reward for hitting my 30,000 word goal a day early, and it was so worth it!

Okay, it's not nearly as exciting as it sounds. The truth is, I was the only one at the late showing of the movie at the $2 ($4 after dark) movie theatre. So, for $6.50 (admission and SnoCaps), I got a private screening.

But still, anyone who knows me knows I never do anything ahead of schedule, let alone a day early. When I woke up yesterday morning, I was a little more than 500 words shy of my goal. So when I discovered that the movie was playing (I checked out the marquee when I took a last minute trip to the grocery store yesterday afternoon), I promised myself that if I hit the target last night (a day early! Did I mention that?), I'd treat myself.

The movie did not disappoint. I loved the book, which is usually a sure sign I'll hate the movie, but that was not the case this time.The script was true to the story, the characters were well-played and the tension between them kept the story fast-paced. And I've never had a private screening before.

If I had any complaint, it was my standard - that material that takes up five minutes (or less) of the entire movie is enough to earn the movie a PG-13 rating. Not an issue for me, as I am over 13 - just a bit - but I had invited my daughter to join me. I ended up being glad that she didn't.

And just glad in general that I met my goal, and found such a cool way to celebrate.

Wonder what I'll do in July?

No comments:

Post a Comment