Friday, March 26, 2010

Is It Bad Form to Decapitate an Angel?

I'm thinking yes. But, before you think I'm a horrible person, endangering real creatures, read on.

I had a morning of meetings today, with the last one ending close to my home, and in time for lunch. Knowing I had a busy weekend ahead, I thought I'd go home for lunch, and throw in a load of laundry. While I was at it, I thought it'd be a good idea to sweep my floors.

And that's when it happened. Just as I was celebrating how much more energy I have midday (especially caffeinated...) than in the late afternoon, I hit the bottom of a shelf with the top of my Swiffer vac. Before I could react, two of my Demadco angels went tumbling to the floor.

One, I am happy to report, survived unscathed, at least as far as I can tell. The other...well, if you've read the title of this post, you know her fate.

I sure hope this isn't a sign of what I should expect from the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Sorry, Lisa, I know it's probably not funny to you, but it read so funny. How many times have I been clumsy & ruined something precious to me? Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Actually, it was kind of funny, but I didn't want to sound too crass. The sad/funny thing is...we still can't find her head! The odd thing is that I ruined her while cleaning...not me at all!! If you'd ever seen my house.....

    ReplyDelete