Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sweet Freedom!

I finished my coursework on Friday afternoon, officially catapulting myself to the top of our salary schedule! It only took me 24 years and three districts!

While the grown-up in me is very pleased at the obvious financial advantages of this accomplishment, the child in me keeps chanting, "I'm on vacation! I'm on vacation!" Yes, there is still writing to do, along with errands to run and responsibilities to take care of. But now, there is no "big should" hanging over my head, as in "I really should be working on my class," leaving me free to do what I wanna - oops - want to do, instead of what I should do. To me, that is the very definition of vacation!

And what I want to do is simple. I want to write, and read, and putter and sleep late and spend time with my family without a big should hanging over my head. So, as you can imagine, I'm a happy camper!

So, happy vacation to all of you. It's gray here, with threatening skies, but it doesn't matter because when you're on vacation, you can always find something fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment