Thursday, May 21, 2009

11 to go and the natives are restless

Remember the downward plunge I was fearing around day 15? Today I plummeted! I was perched precariously at the beginning of today's all-day meeting (the first of four of its kind) and by 10:30 I was at the bottom of the slope, buried in the stress and fear I'd, well, feared.


Less than 12 hours later, I'm at a comfortable plateau. After a Starbucks (some console themselves with martinis, I prefer chai lattes) and dinner and a bike ride with my family, things feel manageable again. Despite the meeting's infuriating start, we rallied and got a lot accomplished, so today feels like a day well-spent. I'm too mentally exhausted to make much headway on my writing projects, but I'm doing some reading and gathering some info ~ it's a regrouping day. Actually, I do some of my best work when I'm just letting ideas simmer, so perhaps my writing endeavors, though indirect, will be well-spent, too.

Work goals: 2; Writing goals: 0.5 and climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment