Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Feature: You Don't Have to Get it Right Every Time

The articles I post on Fridays aren't usually writing-related, but, when I snuck onto Twitter this morning "just to check something," the tweet for this one by Tana French grabbed me. I ended up reading the whole article, nodding along and then rushing over here to post it because the content rang so true. Characters who are always right? Deadly dream sequences? The superiority of "said"? Yes, yes and absolutely yes!

So, if you're a reader or a writer, I hope you'll check it out, and also check out Tana French, whom I never heard of until this morning (then again, I've had my teaching blinders on and reading for fun has been a luxury). Who knows? You might just find your next good read.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to return to Twitter because I never did check that something I went on Twitter to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment