Monday, January 28, 2013

Two-Hour Delay

Nothing like a two-hour delay to throw me totally off-kilter.

I'm not complaining, mind you - the extra sleep was nice! But, there's a certain amount of foot-dragging that typically ushers in my Mondays (or interferes with my doing so in a timely manner), and when you add grey weather and a two-hour delay...well, getting started becomes a bit problematic!

Yesterday, I optimistically sketched out my week, creating a specific to-do list for today, a day with no pressing appointments. I've chipped away at a couple of things, but the projects that require brain power (as opposed to tasks like answering e-mails and mopping the mudroom floor) remain on hold, tapping their fingers and shuffling their feet, waiting for me to pay attention to them.

And I will. I just wish I could figure out how to skip this first step, this slow, uphill climb into the heart of the day, but I fear that it has as much to do with biorhythms as it does procrastination. After all, I wouldn't expect to drive my car onto the highway without first accelerating down an exit ramp, so why should I expect my body to go zero to sixty without warming up first?

Hmm. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Wish me luck as I exit the blog and accelerate into my day - just in time for lunch.

Hey. I'm on a two-hour delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment