Friday, September 10, 2021

Friday Feature: Ear Candy


After last week's missed post, you may be wondering if I’ve forgotten about Friday Features. I have not. I am, however, still 
trying to get into a fall semester routine and, by Friday, I sometimes run out of steam before I get a post written, despite the fact that I'm actually doing more pleasure reading than I've done in a long time.

Some of that "reading" has been in the form of audiobooks. Listening to Michelle Obama’s Becoming on Audible unlocked my audiobook sweet spot: memoirs read by the author. 


I am currently listening to three of them: Barack Obama's A Promised Land, Trevor Noah's Born a Crime and Michael J. Fox's No Time Like the Future. Billy Crystal’s Still Foolin' 'Em was another of my favorites along with Matthew McConaughey's Greenlights, and I have a fairly substantial TBLT (to be listened to) list just waiting for me to hit play. 


It’s like story time by grownups for grownups. 


Sometimes, I learn about things, like apartheid in South Africa, spinal cord surgery and behind-the-scenes political maneuvering. Always, I learn about the people telling the stories, and the things that make them -- and their stories -- worth listening to. 


It's a pretty nice way to spend a drive. Especially on a Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment