Friday, July 3, 2020

Friday Feature: A Serialized (Free) Read from Barnes and Noble

I love it when something old is made new again. Though I'm too young to have experienced serialized books, I have heard of them and so, when I read that Barnes and Noble was offering serialized reads for free on its Nook app, I jumped right in.

To be honest, my Nook app doesn't get much attention. It's unfair, really, since it has a nice, clean interface and offers a wide variety of e-books which, when purchased, can help to keep an actual brick-and-mortar bookstore in business.

But this idea had me seeking out my long-neglected Nook app. This month's feature is a mystery: A Death at Eastwick by L. C. Warman. I've read two of the six chapters that have been released as of this writing, and I'm looking forward to reading more.

I kind of like the idea of reading in installments but, even more, I like this new twist on an old favorite. It had exactly the effect (I suspect) Barnes and Noble wanted it to have: I re-discovered my Nook app and found new-to-me features that I'm looking forward to exploring. And, as far as the author is concerned,  since A Death at Eastwick is the first in a series, perhaps readers will go on to buy the other books.

Well-played, Barnes and Noble. And thanks for the free read. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment