Monday, June 1, 2020

8 Reasons I'm Looking Forward to This Week

ijmaki via Pixabay
A couple of weeks ago, the college where I teach announced a virtual writing retreat for any instructors/professors who wanted to participate.

I might have been the first one to sign up.

Today, it starts.

When we got the materials last week, I got a look at the list of participants and discovered that most of my colleagues in the psych department are participating.

One more way I know I'm in the right place.

While I was not looking forward to starting at 9 AM (which is usually before I roll out of bed, night owl that I am), wild horses could not have kept me from this retreat. Here are a few reasons why.

  1. I need an opportunity to rid my writing of clichés like the one above.
  2. Five whole days where writing is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.
  3. I need to get my mojo, which was stolen by recent events, back, and get myself into a writing routine.
  4. I get to connect with colleagues in a whole new way, which usually means I'll learn a thing or two -- at least.
  5. Full immersion in writing is often my best path to creativity and new ideas.
  6. With five whole days to work, I'm bound to eventually attack the revisions I detest.
  7. Accountability!
  8. Oh, and I get a free book :-)
    CryptoSkylark via Pixabay

In preparation for this, I've set up a notebook with all of my writing projects listed, along with where to find them in the nooks and crannies of my office. That way, I can flip seamlessly from one project to another if I wish.

I can't wait to get started!

Inspired by this retreat, the theme of the week here on the porch swing is productivity. Suggestions? Celebrations of your own productivity? Leave me a note in the comments.

Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment