Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday Feature: Happiness and The Wizard of Oz

As I set out to find an article for today's post, I had a few criteria in mind.

It couldn't have anything to do with the coronavirus. In fact, I'd prefer it didn't even start with the letter C.

It couldn't be depressing, frightening or otherwise cringe-worthy. (See what I mean about C-words!)

It should be uplifting, but not saccharine; hopeful, but not preachy.

So, I googled one of my favorite positive psychology gurus, certain he'd have something.

He didn't disappoint.

And so, without further fanfare, I bring you Shawn Achor's "5 Things You Need to be Happy," all of which can be found in the relative comfort of your own home.

At a time when happiness perhaps seems far away, I find it comforting to know that relative happiness remains within reach or, to quote The Wizard of Oz, "Everything you were looking for was right there with you all along.

Stay safe and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment