Monday, December 31, 2018

Classing Up the Porch Swing

Artwork by Rachel DeMasi
At the close of the year, it's natural to look both backward and forward and so, over the weekend, I sent out a newsletter, which did just that. I shared news of my upcoming book, the articles I wrote in 2018 and my hope that next year would be the year I finally get the last Marita/Angel/Charli book out into the world.

In addition, I talked about creating visuals to accompany my writing and debuted my newest addition: the gorgeous piece at left by Rachel DeMasi. As I created social media graphics for my posts, I was unable to find a porch swing scene that really appealed to me, so I appealed to Rachel, and asked her if she could come up with something for me. Given my love of the beach and my Jersey roots, Rachel decided that the beach needed to be a part of the visual. I could not be happier with the result, and can't believe I get to use this beautiful piece in all of my blog promos. Right now, I'm looking for a perfect place to showcase it on my site, which might mean I end up playing with the blog design again -- or not. We'll see what happens. I just know I can't wait to show it off.

If you didn't get my newsletter, I'd love to add you to my list! I promise I won't inundate your inbox; I send newsletters monthly when I have sufficient news to do so but, more often, they go out quarterly. If you'd like to sign up, just send me an email at jerseywriter@yahoo.com with "Newsletter Subscription" in the subject line. That's it!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment